Friday, July 4, 2008

Medicines for the Body ...


I’m thankful for Pure Works and the ability to secure medicines for the many people (over 1000) who needed care. There was nothing too major on the medical side but a lot of folks have needs - especially in the more rural areas and among the poor. They just don’t get medical care and were grateful for medical care coming to them. Having a dental group made it even more exciting - reality tooth pulling TV! Ouch. 


But medicines are for the body and I thank God for medical science. You know what I’ll say next. But this is where I wrestle with scripture, with history and with some evidence of God’s supernatural move in the lives of some people who are miraculously healed. It happens and it is clear that God is in the middle of it - it is a work of God and can only be attributed to him. But on this trip I didn’t see that. Miracles didn’t accompany the ministry of the Kingdom on this trip. We put in a lot of good hard work and human effort in place but somehow I’m still thinking about the Kingdom being very evident through a direct encounter with God. It will come! Stay tuned!

No comments: